Très Crochet Daily

Notes on Crochet...Ideas, Designs, & Experiences

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

UFO --> FO

What a wonderful feeling, to finish up lingering projects. Yesterday, I buckled down and turned THREE, yes 3, UFOs into FOs. Two were gift blankets for a new baby and her toddler cousin. The third was a change pouch for the Rochester Crochet Group's August exchange. What a feeling of liberation! However, I still have more to accomplish. For example, my poor 4-year-old son has been waiting for the past three months for me to finish his "Fish Blanket," the pattern from Donna Kooler's Crocheted Afghans. He said to me the other day, "Mommy, how many more years is this going to take you?" Mind you, I started it only three months ago. His project kept getting usurped by people needing baby gifts, and my own boredom with the pattern, since it is large. But I am almost done, and vowed to finish it in the next few weeks before my trip to Boston.

Here is what I DID accomplish, though:



This is Baby Carley's blanket, made with Caron Simply Soft. The pattern is from Candy Blankies by Candi Jensen.





This is little Natie's blanket, made with Patons Pixie (which is now discontinued). I made some basic dc squares and used the same scalloped border from the previous blanket. Very very soft!







And here is my change pouch for the exchange at tonight's Rochester Crochet Group meeting. I used hemp yarn and single crochet, with some seed beads I had left over. The "button" for closure is a larger glass bead. No pattern or plan - just made it up as I went along. The hemp lends itself well to this type of item, and gets softer the more it is handled.




Well, tonight is my first time meeting with the Rochester Crochet Group. I don't think it's a very large group (yet!) but I am excited to meet everyone.

8 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Jana said...

hi there! love the baby blankets. is the one made with pixie from candy blankets as well? i love the pattern and would love to get my hands on it as i have tons of the pixie! thanks!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi Jana. No, the Pixie blanket is just something I made up, using dc squares and the border from the blanket in the previous photo. But I will post the general idea of what I did.

In addition, there is a pattern in Candy Blankies called Tinkled Pink, that uses three colors of Lion Brand Polar Spun, which I feel is certainly substitutable with Pixie. This pattern is actually the blanket showcased on the front cover of the book. Hope this helps!

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://elaiehne.com/ulis/ybos.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vuuxmjej.com/svoi/sheb.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://elaiehne.com/ulis/ybos.html | http://wxoqdcbf.com/nwuj/ukdg.html

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Stock tips said...

Look for undervalued stocks which have a price lower than the anticipated stock value in the near future.

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger hường lê said...

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.

Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article.
Sign in to Gmail to access to all Gooogle services. Log in to your account or sign up to create a new account
gmail sign in

gmail log in

what's gmail?

slitherio

Tank trouble

happy wheels

Strike Force Heroes

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Alice Denny said...

Welcomes to google terminal from Austin Texas! google snake
Amazing insight you have on this, Happy wheels it's nice to find a website that details so much information about different artists... Age of war 2 This article always blew me... Earn to die For how many times I have read this.
slither io Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while slitherio it's nice to find a website that details so much big farm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home